Firmoo > Answers > Eye Health >  question


Ask questions

Adam peters


Can a primary care physician treat me for an eye infection?

I think I've got an eye infection in one of my upper eyelids and I want to see someone who can help me treat this problem.I just wonder if a primary care physician can help me.
Related Topics : eye infection eye diseases
Answer the question

Answers (2)

  • bell


    You need to see a prefessional eye doctor not an optometrist who cannot do in most states. An eye physician specialist, called an ophthalmologist is the best choice but it may be more expensive and harder to get an appointment with them.However, you must see your doctor as quickly as possible.
  • duncan


    I suggest you see your primary care doctor first. They usually can diagnose and treat the eye infection.If they can't do this, they will know you need to see an eye specialist and recommend for you.