Firmoo > Answers > Vision Problems >  question


Ask questions



why my child likely to inherit my need for glasses?

Answer the question

Answers (3)

  • Hae


    As we already know that the child is likely to inherit the myopia if his parents are both nearsightedness, because he inherit the tendency to develop short-sightedness and Genetics is definitely a factor in the development of myopia. However, having shortsighted parents and becoming shortsighted isn't just about genes. It could also be a result of growing up within the same family environment. Other factors such as environment and nutrition also play a role in the development of myopia. For example, the child live in urban areas have a higher risk of myopia compared with those in suburban or rural areas; the child who start their education earlier are also more likely to develop myopia; the child who spend more time indoors are more likely to be shortsighted than those who spend more time outdoors.
  • walkdawalk23


    Genetics are the most important factors. Because of that, the children has the possibility to inherit vision problems from their parents. It's best to determine if your child might inherit your vision problems, such as glaucoma, by discussing your family's visual history with your eye doctor.Nearsightedness and farsightedness have a strong genetic component, especially if both parents have the conditions. Color blindness and retinitis pigmentosa, which is an eye disease that affects the retina, can also be genetically passed down, but there are fewer cases. Glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration are also influenced by genetics, but these eye diseases can be prevented or delayed if the proper care is taken and if the diseases are caught early on.
  • Roster


    If both the biological parents wear glasses, your children are likely to need them as well.but it really would depend,it really depends on the genes that mix if you have children but no one can be certain. My mom has terrible vision, but my sister has ok vision.i would recommend you going to your doctor and asking him or she. I hope I have helped.