Firmoo > Answers > Eye Health >  question


Ask questions



What should I do if child has an eye injury?

My child is very naughty and he often gets scratches on him. What should I do if he has an eye injury?
Related Topics : eye injury eye health
Answer the question

Answers (4)

  • Joanne McAlpine


    I am sorry to hear that. If your child get chemical eye injury, you can clean his eyes immediately with water to flush the eyes and faces.That help to reduce eye injury. If his eye injury is caused by a sharp objects, you shall transport the child to the emergency room as soon as possible. Or have an ophthalmologist to check his eyes so that to treat his eyes in a right way.
  • constans


    Some eye injury need an emergency treatment but some is less harmful to the eye. If there is a chemical injury, immediate irrigation with water is critical. Flush the eyes will fresh water for at least 10 minutes. If a sharp object like pencil has poked eye, take him to the emergency room as soon as possible. Do not attempt to remove any object that has punctured the eye and do not allow the child to rub the eye.
  • Joan


    Different ways on different situations. If your kid's eyes are red and swollen, you can first get cold compress with ice cake and cold towel. And have some antibiotics, to fade away the inflammation. But if orbit and crystalline lens or retina are hurt, cover eyes with sterile gauze, and go to hospital immediately. children are always naughty, don't worry.
  • evil_lanruoj


    Looks like every kid is naughty, especially boys. So, as parents, you should take him to see an eye doctor in time, in case of any possible dangers. In the meantime, you should give him some timely treatment when he gets injured, try to put some ice on his eye skin to cool off. But, for safety, you'd better now find a doctor and check out what happened.

Related Articles