Firmoo > Answers > Eye Health >  question


Ask questions



Should i go to the doctor for a black eye?

I got a black eye from a hit. Will it go away itself with the time? Or shall i go to see a doctor?
Related Topics : black eye eye health
Answer the question

Answers (3)

  • cazik


    No, you need to go to see a doctor as soon as possible. This is emergency. A black eye can be the symptom of many serious disease such as detached retina. Some of the damages done to your eyes are irreversible and needs instant first aid. Take action before it is too late.
  • walkingintoyou


    Usually the black eye because of hit will go away itself with the time under the good care of the eyes. However you could also go to see the doctor to have a check to see whether there is the problem at the eyes nerves. You should have the good rest for the eyes and wear the sunglasses when you are out to prevent from the uv rays and other bad lights.
  • confused_withac


    In reality, it could go away as time goes by. But it is better for you to take some actions to help it heal up faster. Seeing a doctor is one of them and it's fast and effective. However, if the situation is not very serious, you can relieve it by some home remedies. For example, give some compress to your black eye with warm and wet cloth for several minutes per day. Or you can place teabag on the eye because the tannic acids help the circulation of the blood. In addtion, vitamin D is an effective solution to help blood vessel. You can eat some food rich in vitamin D, like bananas, spinach, oranges, etc. Neverthless, if the symptom still exist, it is not too late to receive a medical treatment.