Firmoo > Answers > Glasses >  question


Ask questions



What to do if I get hit in the eye with a tennis ball?

My eyes hurt because i get a hit in the eye with a tennis ball? But i don't want go hospital. Is there anything i can do to help my eyes recover?
Related Topics : eye health
Answer the question

Answers (4)

  • Cassidy bell


    If it is not serious, you can not go to the hospital. If not, you'd better go to have a full check because the visual nerve is so weak and invisible. If it gets swollen, you can go home and find the cold cloth to cover it on your eyes. Then you'd better not use your eyes too much these days. And get away from the spicy food. Wish you good luck and recover it as soon as possible.
  • Makayla


    In your situation, you can apply an ice pack for 15 minutes every time. Then do it several times a day during the first 24 to 48 hours. And you should wrap the ice pack in a washcloth or paper towel and gently press against the area surrounding the eye. You should know that ice is the best way of treating a black eye and it will also help to numb any of the initial pain. You could also use a bag of frozen peas if you don't have any ice handy. But when you do all these things, you also should know that there may be some infection which can occur, just pay more attention to it.
  • yuan yuan


    Hmm I'm sorry to hear that, Go to the doctor, get it checked out. It's best to hear it from a professional.
  • ezycome_ezygo


    You shall check your eyes. If it not serious, your eyes will recover tomorrow. And the swelling will go down. If it seriously hurt, you'd better to see see an ophthalmologist. In fact, i suggest you get eye checked by an ophthalmologist because you may have scratched cornea or hurt cornea. If so, you shall get treated immediately.